Decorate Living Room – Living room ideas and design inspiration needed? From living room furniture arrangement to living room colour schemes, upholstery ideas to curtain styles, welcome to the House & Garden living room archive – a veritable trove of over 400 great designs from the most beautiful homes in the world (it also helps that many have been decorated by the best interior designers – take a look at our Top 15++ if you want to know who they are). There’s inspiration to be found for houses big and small, city and country, modern and traditional. If you’re looking for someone to decorate your living room for you – consult our online directory The List to find a great interior designer, upholsterer, curtain maker or simply someone to source antiques in your area.
Tips Decorate Living Room
1. Determine the style of design that you wish to attain for your living room. Try to take a look at the magazines and Internet websites and take a survey of whatever it is that captures your interest. If you find two or more styles that warm your heart, do not worry because you could always mix and match these designs. You need not concentrate on one design because you could blend the concepts that you love to.
2. One of the best home décor living room ideas that is basically going to do justice to the space is the choice of a bold color to be used for the wall. Most individuals always shun away the saturated colors because these hues have the tendency to create some dramatic statement regarding their personalities. Now if you do not want to paint the entire walls with any bold color, you could definitely do some accentuations to it. There are plenty of accessories that you could utilize so that the room would appear a lot homey.
3. Update the window treatments so that the atmosphere of the living room would get lifted. You could select from the varieties of curtains or drapes which could obviously compliment the color of the paint that you have for your walls. The use of the rich looking cloth of the curtains or drapes would add up some luxurious touch to the living room.
4. Another factor that you need to take into account is the lighting. There needs to be enough lighting in your living room but be sure that it would not be that overpowering. The fluorescent lights tend to be harsh. Remember that your living room is all about setting up an acceptable mood. You could utilize some lamps, and other overhead fixtures. You may attempt to set up candles in decorative candle holders too which could come in varieties of designs and colors as part of your home decor living room ideas.
5. Always employ art on your walls. This could come about with a personal and authentic touch from you. You may add up canvasses, frames, and photographs.
Decorate Living Room Ideas
The secret to taming a fiery red? Balance it with pops of white. A smattering of dove white wall accents with the white fireplace, chair rail, and coffee table keep the bold color in check.
Trellis, ikats, florals—oh my! The trick to mixing patterns is to pick a color theme—here, reds, browns, and blues—and to use big swaths of solid color (the brown sofa, red chairs, and green ottoman) to anchor the space.
Light and Airy
You can pack a lot into your living room—even a dining set—if you keep furnishings from weighing the space down. Lucite dining chairs, an open-weave coffee table, and an unobstructed wall of windows keeps this room from feeling cramped.
White on White
You can’t go wrong with an all-white space. To prevent it from feeling like a hospital room, introduce different textures. A crocheted throw, a rough-hewn linen sofa, and a nubby rug all add depth to a monochromatic look.
Carve out a quiet moment in your living room to entice a little reading time. Drag a cozy chair over to a window or next to a bookshelf and be sure to provide ample light for late-night page turning.
Give tradition a twist and try a living room filled with old standby silhouettes—a Chesterfield sofa, bamboo side chairs—in super-saturated colors (ocean blue and lime green).
An extra-large coffee table with a feminine shape is the modern take on the traditional game table. Invite friends over for game night; the edge on the table will keep board pieces (and drinks) from sliding onto the floor.
Touch of Trend
Update your living room as you would your wardrobe—with a few new accessories each season. This neutral room is an easy canvas for a few pops of color and pattern—an aubergine throw, a zebra pillow, and a metallic side table.
Writing on the Wall
For truly unique (and sometimes quirky) décor, try the online retailer etsy.com. You can search by theme, type, even lyrics to your favorite Men Without Hats song.
Does your living room work double-duty as a front entry? Keep the two separated and well-defined by lining one wall with a welcoming wallpaper, and keeping the living room furniture appropriated to an area rug.
Thank you for reading Decorate Living Room.